HOW SHOULD I LACE EDEA BOOT?
Lacing is not just important, it is fundamental to your success!
WHY LACING IS SO IMPORTANT
- It improves control by holding your foot in the correct position
- It increases comfort by minimizing internal movement
- It increases movement range by combining with the tongue
- It increases durability by working with the shell to provide support
Lacing is done into two parts, first across the instep and then around the hooks.
Edea skates are designed to support the foot and not for flex like old, traditional boots. This innovation means you need to lace the Edea way. Out-in lacing is far superior giving better hold and control than in-out lacing. The difference may seem small but the impact is huge.
OUT ➔ IN (EDEA LACING)
- Direct pressure is reduced across the instep
- Laces self-lock at each “intersection” making it more secure
- Laces are less likely to loosen under pressure
- Lacing wraps the foot uniformly increasing control and comfort
- Start at the toe, insert the lace from the outside to the inside
- Tighten by pulling the laces outwards and downwards
- This will feel different but will become second nature